Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday, November 19, 9:20 am

The good news: the fluid in Marianna's lungs does not appear to be pneumonia, it is from the fluid that is produced by the cancer.

The bad news: she has been coughing so hard she split her stitches, and Dr. Schlessinger will perform another surgery today to repair that.

Marianna needs rest for this morning, so her phone is on Do Not Disturb at the front desk. I will update as soon as that changes.

I have a request for you all please. I was thinking of all the ways that knowing Marianna Ward has changed my life for the better, begining with the amazing guy she raised that I got to marry, and running through the way I see life with such a more positive light now. And I know she has changed many other lives in the same way. So I would like to invite everyone reading this blog to please post the ways that she has made your world a better place. Just click on the "comments" at the bottom to add your comment, and I will print these out on Thursday to take to her, and cheer her up.

1 comment:

RWordsmith said...

An update/clarification...

She's back on just the oxygen under the nose. The mask last night was just because she wasn't breathing deeply enough through her nose, not the sign of a serious downturn in her condition.

Now that she's had the frustration of using the mask, she's committed to "breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth." So now she's got good oxygen readings again... and she's very glad to have her little oxygen tube again. They've added some cuchions to the tubes behind her ears for more comfort.

Richard